DWC’s Leadership Council provides unique opportunities for emerging leaders and professionals who want to make a difference in their community.
The Leadership Council is committed to helping end women’s homelessness in Los Angeles by mobilizing leaders to meaningfully contribute to the success of the Downtown Women’s Center (DWC). Membership in the Leadership Council is open to individuals who support and participate in the DWC’s stated advocacy, fundraising, and volunteerism efforts.
Throughout the year, Leadership Council members are invited to help us elevate our voice in support of ending homelessness for women in Los Angeles by holding fundraisers, volunteer activities, and other relevant events. In 2018, the Leadership Council raised over $70,000 and donated over 400 volunteer hours to DWC.
Leadership Council members can look forward to these opportunities in 2019:
- Bi-annual membership meetings and volunteer service opportunity days
- Annual summer “Toast to DWC” fundraising event hosted by the Leadership Council
- Invitation to annual fall “Dinner with a Cause” DWC gala (benefits included with some LC membership levels)
- Holiday season volunteer/celebration opportunities with the women at DWC
- Network-building opportunities & DWC board member interaction
- Professional development presentations by nonprofit advisors to DWC
- Advocacy activations and public comment opportunities in support of DWC initiatives
- Participating in year-end fundraising efforts to support DWC
The Leadership Council is led by a board of emerging leaders. The 2019 board members are:
- Tiffany Mayberry, President
- Kevin Rutkowski, Vice President
- Ava Aguado, Secretary
- Marsha Atlabachew, Fundraising Chair
- Justine Dodgen Gonzalez, Communications Chair
- Julianne LaMarche, Activities Chair
- Kathleen Schaffer, Special Event Chair
- Asha Zienkiewicz, Membership Chair
The Leadership Council is committed to supporting the work of DWC through monthly sustaining memberships. By becoming a sustaining member today, you ensure that DWC has the continuous support it needs to provide services to women experiencing homelessness and transform lives.
To join the Leadership Council, please setup a recurring donation below. When submitted, you will be contacted by a Leadership Council board member. For questions, please email Events@DowntownWomensCenter.org or call (213) 680-0600.
>>NOTE: Please select “Show my support by making this a recurring donation” below<<