Donate Items From our Amazon Wishlist:
You can donate just about any motor vehicle and receive a tax deduction for your donation. Complete and submit this form, or call toll-free (855) 392-1227 (855-DWC-1-CAR) to arrange a convenient pickup time. We’ll pick up your vehicle, give you a receipt, and take care of the rest!
Donate New or Gently-Used Items:
We accept new or gently used items Friday through Tuesday between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. If your donation is less than 10 bags or boxes you do not need to schedule an appointment. If your donation does exceed 10 bags/boxes, please schedule a donation drop off with our Donations Coordinator, Shirley Craig, at ShirleyC@DowntownWomensCenter.
We’re Currently In Need Of:
- Gift cards to DTLA stores like Food 4 Less, CVS, Ralph’s, and Target allow women overcoming homelessness to shop for the items they need most.
- Gift cards can be mailed to:
Downtown Women’s Center, Attn: Development, 442 S San Pedro Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013 or dropped off at the Front Desk between 8am and 3pm.
Clothing & Accessories
Clothing must be new or gently used and freshly laundered. Shoes should be bagged or tied together.
- Socks – new only
- Underwear/bras – new only
- Women’s clothing and shoes
- Plus-sized women’s career clothing
Personal Hygiene Products
- Sanitary pads – new and unopened
- Adult diapers and pull-ups – all sizes
- New, unopened makeup
- Travel sized toiletries – new and unopened (read more about assembling Toiletry Kits here).
- Tote bags and rolling luggage
- Sleeping bags
- Sheets and comforters (full/queen size)
- Pots and pans
- Cleaning supplies – new and unopened only (read more about assembling Clean Home Kits here).
We’re Unable to Accept:
- Old computer monitors
- Large furniture
- Soiled or broken items
- Most food donations (Due to health and safety risks, all food donations must be coordinated with our Kitchen Manager prior to delivery.)
How to Donate Your Goods:
We accept donations at our Day Center at 442 S. San Pedro Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013 on Friday through Tuesday between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m.