We're looking for a full-time Senior Day Center Program Manager to provide leadership and oversight to to all of DWC’s Day Center programs, including the DAy Center and the Kitchen teams.
An ideal candidate will be able to lead, inspire, and motivate a team of dedicated professionals whose collective goal is to provide holistic services to women in the Skid Row community. The goal of the Day Center programs is to address women’s basic needs, including food, clothing, hygiene and crisis services. This position will supervise a team of program managers, specialists, and coordinators to deliver Trauma-Informed services in a setting that embodies wellness and safety. This position will ensure that clients accessing the Day Center are able to access services within the community and DWC’s programs without barriers. This position will also work closely with a team of Program Managers who provide oversight of the medical, mental health and case management services on the Health and Wellness Team. An ideal candidate is decisive, flexible, creative, and uses a strengths-based approach. This position reports directly to the Director of Health and Wellness.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provide supervision and guidance to Day Center Program staff, interns and volunteers on the Day Center and the Kitchen teams; this includes day-to-day supervision of the security guard
- Provide oversight of meal programs including inventory, order placement, delivery/pick-up, and food and kitchen safety regulations
- Provide strategic planning of Day Center programs, ensure that organizational goals are met and activities are within budget
- Provide oversight of funding and grant requirements associated with Day Center programs and compile information in collaboration with Development staff such as compliance with LAHSA requirements and guidelines
- Work with the Health and Wellness team to ensure a seamless, efficient, trauma-informed, and welcoming triage process
- Develop and implement Day Center Program policies, procedures, and services with the Director of Health & Wellness; help enhance coordination across all programs
- Provide quality assurance and program evaluation of Day Center Program activities by aligning with best practices
- Maintain accurate and timely records of activities and case management notes including services provided to each client
- Coordinate with the Health & Wellness team to provide holistic wellness programming including activities, groups, and workshops that keep participants engaged
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders, participate in community meetings pertaining to services benefitting clients, and serve as a representative of DWC at community events
- Provide written reports to the Director of Health and Wellness and additional reports as assigned
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization
THIS COULD BE A GOOD MATCH IF YOU HAVE...
- Minimum three years of experience in a similar setting and staff supervision experience required
- At least three years managing a program or project with compliance and evaluation requirements; including reporting and tracking (e.g. LAHSA HMIS and/or CES)
- Crisis intervention experience, and familiarity and comfort working with issues related to homelessness, substance abuse, mental health diagnosis, and history of trauma required
- Ability to manage competing priorities, including proficiency in balancing direct service responsibilities with effective project and staff management
- Excellent active listening, crisis intervention, and conflict resolution skills with the ability to exercise and model good judgment. Ability to problem-solve and navigate complex systems
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong administrative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
- Criminal background check and clearance required
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
SCHEDULE & SALARY:
This is a full-time exempt position and is eligible for DWC’s comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, parking and transportation (including mileage) benefits. Office hours are 8:00am to 4:30pm with flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary. Salary range $47,000 - $53,000/annually depending on qualifications & experience.
Please email cover letter and resume to Resume[AT]downtownwomenscenter[DOT]org with “Senior Day Center Program Manager” in the subject line.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or medical condition.