We're looking for a Resident Case Manager to contribute directly to breaking the cycle of homelessness for women.
Following a permanent supportive housing model, the Resident Case Manager provides individualized case management services to 48 women residing in DWC’s LA Street Home. As 95% of DWC residents do not return to homelessness, the Resident Case Manager upholds high standards of quality for support services, and works closely with an interdisciplinary direct-service team to empower residents and build a safe and welcoming community that ensures stabilization and housing retention. The ideal candidate uses best practices like Trauma-Informed Care and Housing First by pro-actively working with residents and supportive services staff to assure tenants are able to maintain their housing. The Resident Case Manager takes the lead to ensure that each resident receives the level of support they need to end the cycle of homelessness. This position reports directly to the Residence Case Management Program Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provide individualized case management services for residents at LA Street Home and conduct goal planning
- Collaborate with residents to complete assessments and individual service plans; identify resources and provide referrals and follow-up
- Advocate for residents to ensure resources and services are received; collaborate across departments to ensure continuity of care
- Approach residents and peers with a trauma informed lens
- Provide Critical Time Intervention (CTI) case management to new residents with an emphasis on developing housing stability and life skills
- Link residents to internal and external resources to increase social skills, ensure financial security, and improve physical and mental health, and assist to retain housing
- Identify residents who are ready to move-on to independent housing and provide services to assist them in attaining this goal
- Conduct and coordinate regularly scheduled support group workshops
- Ensure accurate and timely records on residents and services provided to each resident; oversee and improve upon current resident tracking and case file systems
- Input resident data and progress notes into the HMIS system
- Participate in community meetings/events and serve as a representative of DWC at community events
- Provide monthly written reports to the Residence Case Management Program Manager
- Additional duties as assigned
THIS COULD BE A GOOD MATCH IF YOU HAVE...
- Minimum two years experience as a Case Manager with similar population, knowledge of community resources required
- HMIS experience a plus, with knowledge of data collection tools to track client progress
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in social work/related field or relevant experience; strong knowledge of the complexity of poverty and women’s homelessness, mental illness, trauma, substance abuse, health issues, and older adults preferred
- Familiarity with permanent supportive housing model or other residential or shelter facilities in Los Angeles preferred
- Excellent active listening and crisis intervention skills with ability to exercise and model good judgment
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, including proficiency in balancing direct service responsibilities with data management responsibilities
- Strong administrative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
- Criminal background check and clearance required
- Ability to be flexible with hours when needed
- Current valid California state driver’s license, insurance, and vehicle with good driving record
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish and English a plus
SCHEDULE & SALARY:
This is a full-time non-exempt position, scheduled Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM; with flexibility to work during non-scheduled days and evenings when necessary. Salary range is $35,00-$38,000.
Submit cover letter and resume to HR[AT]DowntownWomensCenter[DOT]org. Please include “Resident Case Manager (LA Street Home)” in the subject line of your email.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or medical condition.