Help build community and work towards ending homelessness using your professional retail experience!
DWC’s social enterprise resale boutique, MADE by DWC, needs a creative and compassionate Store Associate & Trainer who excels at customer service. You will assist in daily boutique operations as you work side-by-side with volunteers and job training participants, serving our community with the latest fashions and unique local products. Reporting to the Social Enterprise Retail Operations Manager, this position is an integral part of the Vocational Education and Social Enterprise department.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Connect with every customer by providing prompt, friendly service
- Ensure an excellent total customer experience, from greeting to styling advice to point of sale
- Perform front & back-of-house store functions including opening, closing, customer service, point of sale duties, cash handling procedures and weekly/monthly sales reports
- Maintain operational consistencies that promote a clean, welcoming, organized, and safe store environment that meets health, safety, and sanitation regulations
- Set an example by maintaining a cheerful and calm demeanor during periods of high volume
- Perform daily merchandise tasks including stocking, merchandising, display, and price markings
- Assist with seasonal visual display with guidance from the SE Retail Operations Manager
- Assist with DWC’s job training program by training and coaching program participants in store shift roles
- Work with volunteers assigned to support the store, including shift scheduling and training
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization
THIS COULD BE A GOOD MATCH IF YOU HAVE...
- Possess exceptional customer service skills
- Retail experience required
- Register and cash handling experience required. Familiarity with Retail POS systems preferred
- The ability to balance customer service with tasking
- Computer proficiency preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with occasional weekend and evening shifts
- Able to stand and/or walk for an extended period of time
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds on a regular basis without physical limitations
- Have a professional attitude and friendly, positive approach
- Should enjoy working in a team environment
- Willingness to cross-train and learn barista/café skills to work in other location if needed
- Willingness to train, mentor and encourage others to succeed
SCHEDULE & SALARY:
25 hours per week with the availability to work Saturday shifts and the flexibility to work limited evenings
COMPENSATION: This is a part-time, non-exempt position that pays $11.00 per hour.
Please email cover letter and resume to: HR[AT]DowntownWomensCenter[DOT]org. Please include “Resale Store Associate & Trainer” in the subject line of your email.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or medical condition.