2. What personal information does DWC collect, and how does DWC use that information?
The information we gather from users enables us to personalize and improve our online services, and allows our users to set up a Public Profile through the DWC platform. We collect the following types of information from our users:
a. Personal information you provide to us: We receive and store any information you enter on our DWC Platform or directly provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, IP address, browser information, and any other information necessary for us to provide our online services. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
b. Personal information collected automatically:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our DWC Platform or use our online services. DWC automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, browser information, operating system, and timestamps.
- Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our DWC Platform and its components and applications, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. DWC only uses this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often users use parts of the DWC Platform, services, or applications so that we can make the DWC Platform appealing to as many users as possible, and improve those services and data. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our DWC Platform, services or data (including data provided by such partners). We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use the DWC Platform, services and data, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience. Again, DWC never discloses aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
c. Cookies: When you view the DWC platform, we store information in the form of a “cookie” or similar file that is automatically downloaded to your computer. Cookies enable us, among other things, to tailor a website or advertisement to better match your interests and preferences. If you do not want cookies sent to or stored on your system, most Internet Browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, prevent them from being stored or trigger a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions.
d. DWC uses your personal information for these main purposes:
- Responding to requests you make regarding becoming involved with DWC (for example, volunteering). When you fill out a request, you authorize DWC to use the information you submit to respond to your request.
- Improving the DWC Platform. DWC utilizes analytics on aggregate collections of end user data to improve the Platform and plan new features.
- Financial accounting and maintenance of our supporter list. If you donate we will use the information you provide in connection with such donation in our financial accounting. Unless you notify us of a desire for your gift to remain anonymous, your name may be included in our supporters list, disclosing publicly that you have donated to DWC.
3. Will DWC share any of the personal information it receives?
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information only as described below:
- Agents and Service Providers: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to confidentially share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, DWC’s agents and service providers do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us (ie, in the processing of donations or in the distribution of DWC materials to our mailing list). You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
- Business Transfers: If DWC, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that DWC goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that may be transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of DWC or its assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
- Protection of DWC and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of DWC, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
4. Is personal information about me secure?
DWC endeavors to protect user information to ensure that user account information is kept private, however, DWC cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
5. What choices do I have?
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, even though it may be needed to take advantage of or register for certain features of the DWC Platform and services.
- If you do not wish to receive email or other mail from us, please indicate this preference by notifying us at info@DowntownWomensCenter.org.
All documents, web pages, and other materials included on DowntownWomensCenter.org are the sole property of Downtown Women's Center © 2015. No reproduction in whole or in part may be made without the express written consent of the Downtown Women's Center. The Downtown Women's Center provides a limited license to the Internet community to store these documents and images in temporary cache memory to view them, provided the user reads and accepts the disclaimer and the agreements and the user agrees to accept full responsibility and to hold the Downtown Women's Center and its agents harmless for any use, intended or otherwise, or any consequences of use of these documents, regardless of negligence. No claim of copyright is made for any government documents or works. If you are requesting permission or have questions, please send an email to info@DowntownWomensCenter.org.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy on our DWC Platform, please send us a detailed message at info@DowntownWomensCenter.org. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: January 1, 2015