Clothing & Accessories
We ask that clothing and linens be laundered, folded, and in good condition:
- Pants – especially larger sizes
- Jackets & sweaters – especially larger sizes
- Shoes – especially larger sizes
- Socks – new only
- Underwear & bras – new only
- Rain slickers/ponchos
- Tote bags & rolling luggage
- Sleeping bags
We ask that cleaning supplies are unopened.
- Sheets and comforters for twin/full sized beds
- Cleaning supplies - new only
- Pots and pans
- Small appliances
- Welcome home care packages(For more information on assembling Welcome Home Kits please contact Amanda Loso, Community Engagement Coordinator, at AmandaL@DowntownWomensCenter.org)
Medical & Personal Hygiene
We celebrate every resident’s birthday with a gift! Example gifts: bath robe, personal stereo, clock radio, gift cards to local businesses (Rite Aid, Starbucks, Subway, Ralphs), jewelry/jewelry boxes, streamers or other birthday decorations.
Educational & Art Materials
Office Supplies & Equipment
Activities & Cultural Events
Event outings provide a special treat and an opportunity to build community and reduce isolation among the women of DWC. Groups can range from 6-50 women. Example events: tickets to the movies, theatre, or concerts, restaurant gift certificates, tickets to sporting events, museum passes, and organized events for small groups (e.g. bowling, ice skating).
**Unfortunately we cannot accept the following items: mattresses, large analog television sets, old computer monitors, large furniture, baby clothes, children's clothes, cribs, strollers, toys (baby items), soiled or broken items.
Questions? Contact us here.