Help build community and work towards ending homelessness using your professional sales and barista experience!
DWC’s social enterprise café, MADE by DWC, needs a creative and compassionate On-Call Store Associate who excels at customer service. You will assist in daily boutique operations as you work side-by-side with volunteers and participants, serving our community with quality drinks, food and unique local products. Reporting to the Social Enterprise Retail Operations Manager, this position is an integral part of the Vocational Education and Social Enterprise department.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Connect with every customer by providing prompt, friendly service
- Ensure an excellent total customer experience, from greeting to styling advice to point of sale
- Provide quality beverages consistently for all customers by following recipe and presentation standards
- Perform front & back-of-house store functions including opening, closing, customer service, point of sale duties and cash handling procedures
- Maintain operational consistencies that promote a clean, welcoming, organized, and safe store environment that meets health, safety, and sanitation regulations
- Set an example by maintaining a cheerful and calm demeanor during periods of high volume
- Perform daily merchandise tasks including stocking, merchandising and displays
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization
THIS COULD BE A GOOD MATCH IF YOU HAVE...
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Barista/coffee house experience required. Retail experience preferred
- Retail experience required
- Register and cash handling experience required. Familiarity with Retail POS systems preferred
- The ability to balance customer service with tasking
- Computer proficiency preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with occasional weekend and evening shifts
- Able to stand and/or walk for an extended period of time
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds on a regular basis without physical limitations
- Have a professional attitude and friendly, positive approach
- Should enjoy working in a team environment
- Willingness to train, mentor and encourage others to succeed
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Community volunteer experience a plus
SCHEDULE & SALARY
This is an on-call position with a need for flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary. This is an on-call, non-exempt position that pays $10.50 per hour. DWC is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email cover letter and resume to HR[AT]DowntownWomensCenter[DOT]org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or medical condition.