Get creative with digital communications to make a difference and help end homelessness for women!
The Marketing & Communications Intern will be a part of DWC’s Communications & Policy team. Intern will be directly supervised by the Marketing Coordinator and work with the wider Communications team to support department work and goals, as well as coordinating with the Social Enterprise team to support MADE by DWC communications. This internship will provide support to overall DWC marketing through blog content creation, e-blast creation, campaign coordination, and cross-channel marketing through MADE by DWC social media content support.
- Write/curate exciting content for DWC blog, including (but not limited to) interviews with DWC participants, supporters, and/or staff, DWC event recaps, campaign-related posts, advocacy roundups, etc.
- Support content curation for MADE by DWC’s social media platforms
- Support maintenance of DWC and MADE by DWC content calendars
- Assist with creation of DWC’s outgoing e-blasts and newsletters, as well as e-blasts for MADE by DWC’s various promotions and events
- Expand DWC’s online visibility through digital marketing, advertising, and developing relationships with outside blogs, social media supporters, and more
- Assist with minor DWC website updates
- OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET CURRENT NEEDS.
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in a field including, but not limited to: Communications, Marketing, PR, Journalism, or English
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as ability to deliver quality customer service (online or otherwise)
- Proficiency in social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest, and scheduling services such as Hootsuite
- Ability to work with minimal HTML/CSS to build e-blasts in DWC’s primary communications tool Nationbuilder
- Ability to work with digital analytics tools (Google Analytics, Facebook/Twitter analytics)
- Experience with digital photography, graphic design, and/or web design preferred but not required
- Innovative and creative thinking is a must!
Basic Skills/Qualifications: Ideal candidates for all internships will demonstrate the following:
- Have a professional attitude and friendly, positive approach
- Be a problem-solver and self-starter who enjoys working in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrate an interest in the Center’s unique approach to service provision and committed to working towards an end to homelessness
Email cover letter* and resume to Intern[AT]DowntownWomensCenter[DOT]org. *Please include Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest handles, YouTube playlists, and relevant social media profiles, blog or curation URLs in your cover letter.
Time Commitment: 15-20 hours/week, minimum of 10 weeks.
Compensation: Internships are unpaid. Academic credit is possible depending on requirements.