We are seeking a temporary full-time maintenance worker to assist with the successful ongoing operations of all facilities equipment.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will assist with the successful ongoing operations of all facilities equipment, including HVAC, plumbing, electrical plans, lighting, climate control, roofing systems, and general building maintenance of a 67,000 square-foot building. This position reports directly to the Facilities Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Follow a recurring preventative maintenance schedule for each facilities and operating system of facilities.
- Perform routine inspections throughout the facilities to detect wear, malfunctions, and breakdowns of both equipment and building. Including ability to investigate malfunctions and breakdowns, diagnose causes and locate the source of the problem. Also ability to anticipate potential malfunctions and breakdowns and take appropriate action to prevent or minimize impact on services.
- Assist with general building maintenance and janitorial duties in coordination with contracted cleaning company, including but not limited to:
- Sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, vacuuming, spot cleaning, unclog toilets, change faucets, carpet cleaning, painting, equipment installations, changing light bulbs, debris removal, and landscape work/gardening.
THIS COULD BE A GOOD MATCH IF YOU HAVE...
- At least 2 years mechanical engineering field experience including HVAC, electrical, and plumbing or equivalent education/certification preferred
- High school degree/GED or equivalent required; additional vocational training in any engineering or maintenance trade preferred
- Basic competence in Gmail and MS Excel required; advanced experience with MS Office applications preferred
- Familiarize with computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Must be detail and plan-oriented, excellent organizational skills, ability to work successfully as a member of a team, ability to prioritize multiple projects while meeting set goals and must be excellent problem-solving skills.
- Preferred clean driving record
- Criminal background check and clearance required
- A self-starter with a strong work ethnic, maintains pleasant, friendly and professional demeanor with all guest, clients and staff.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions):
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors as required
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Ability to work extended periods of time both walking and/or standing
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
SCHEDULE & SALARY:
This is a temporary, non-exempt, full-time position. Office hours are 9:00am to 5:30pm, with flexibility to work evenings, and weekends when necessary. Salary range: $35,000/year.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary history to HR[AT]downtownwomenscenter[DOT]org. Please include "Maintenance Technician" in the subject line of your email.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or medical condition.