In 2016, DWC launched the Leadership Council to provide unique opportunities for emerging leaders and professionals who want to make a difference in their community.
ABOUT THE LEADERSHIP COUNCIL
The Leadership Council is committed to help end homelessness in Los Angeles for women by utilizing networks of emerging leaders and professional connections to meaningfully contribute to the success of the Downtown Women’s Center.
- Give or secure contributions to the Downtown Women’s Center equal to or exceeding $500 over the course of the year*
- Become an expert on an important social issue by taking a tour of the Skid Row neighborhood, offered once a year
- Network and celebrate with other emerging leaders at the annual Leadership Council Party
- Roll up your sleeves to make a difference by participating in a Leadership Council service day, offered once a year
- Grow your professional skills and opportunities by participating in a training on how to serve on the governing board of a nonprofit organization, offered once a year
- Connect with influential local leaders by participating in a joint activity with the Downtown Women’s Center Board of Directors, offered once a year
- Shop for a cause and at a discount with a 10% discount card for use at MADE by DWC, the Downtown Women’s Center’s social enterprise
*A limited number of student member spots are being held, the expected contribution for which is $250
The Leadership Council will be governed by a group of 8-14 Chairs, who will have opportunities and responsibilities in addition to those listed above. Each year, the Leadership Council Chairs will:
- Give or secure a leadership gift of $250, in addition to the $500 membership gift
- Recruit 3-5 Leadership Council Members
- Attend quarterly meetings of the Leadership Council Chairs
- Plan the annual Leadership Council Party
- Opportunity to vote on the designation of Leadership Council funds raised to one of DWC’s programs
- Opportunity to attend the Downtown Women’s Center’s Dinner With a Cause, the organization’s annual fundraising event (typically $500/ticket)
- Opportunity to participate in a strategic project that will further the mission of the Downtown Women’s Center
- Opportunity to attend lunches with DWC Board Members, offered 3-4 times per year
- Opportunity to attend and observe one DWC Board Meeting
- Receipt of a DWC-branded gift item
If you would like to learn more about becoming a member of the Leadership Council, please contact Katrina Viola at KatrinaV@DowntownWomensCenter.org.