Help build and support the team that’s ending homelessness!
As Human Resources Coordinator, you will work with our Culture & Talent Manager to manage and enhance the human resources function of the organization, supporting the agency’s mission and strategic direction with an emphasis on recruiting and maintaining a highly competent, engaged and diverse workforce. You thrive on organization and accuracy – determined to not miss one detail, you enjoy navigating ambiguity and your approachable demeanor welcomes anyone. A champion of DWC’s culture, you promote the values of compassion, empowerment, dignity, flexibility, community, creativity and sustainability.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Implement DWC’s recruiting and hiring practices, including preparing job announcements, vetting candidates, scheduling and conducting interviews and supporting the selection of quality hires
- Support the on-boarding of new hires through a welcoming and informative process that includes preparing details and documents for their arrival and orienting them on their first day
- Assist in updating personnel policies and procedures and ensure compliance with applicable labor laws and contractual requirements; conduct labor law research when needed
- Manage semi-monthly payroll processing, time off accruals/usage and reconciliation
- Coordinate employee benefits administration with DWC’s benefits broker; support open enrollment
- Coordinate monthly all-staff meetings, new hire orientations, staff birthday committees and other development and engagement processes as needed
- Support employee performance reviews through monthly reminders to supervisors and follow-up
- Coordinate DWC’s Internship Program by managing the program calendar; preparing intern descriptions; conducting outreach to local schools; recruiting, hiring and on-boarding interns; conducting intern orientation; organizing intern group activities and facilitating weekly luncheons
- Coordinate and track leaves of absence, disability insurance and workers’ compensation claims
- Manage and maintain personnel files, ensuring accuracy through periodic file audits
- Provide advice, support and HR-related assistance to staff members on a drop-in basis
- Supervise Human Resources Intern
- Other duties as assigned
THIS COULD BE A GOOD MATCH IF YOU HAVE...
- At least 1-2 years human resources experience; HR generalist and payroll experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education/experience required; PHR a plus
- Previous experience in nonprofit administration preferred
- Understanding of federal and state employment law, compensation, payroll procedures, employee relations, safety, and training
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate and explain complex benefit, legal, and personnel issues with clarity
- Demonstrated record as a successful team player, with a positive attitude
- Commitment to accuracy and detail, impeccable organization and time management
SCHEDULE & SALARY
This is a full-time, permanent, non-exempt position that is eligible for DWC’s comprehensive benefits package of paid time off, medical, dental, vision and chiropractor insurance and Metro reimbursements. Office hours: 9:00am to 5:30pm, with flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary. DWC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary history to HR[AT]downtownwomenscenter[DOT]org. Please include "Human Resources Coordinator" in the subject line of your email.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or medical condition.