We're looking for a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Psychologist to provide supervision to the HUD-VASH team, as well as crisis intervention, outreach, housing placement and individualized case management services to homeless veteran women.
The HUD-VASH Clinical Manager will be integral in providing clinical expertise, developing outreach plans to engage women in services, establish housing linkages and placement, and provide individualized case management through the implementation of an evidence-based practice called Critical Time Intervention (CTI). This position is part of an interdisciplinary team and provides innovative services that are at the forefront of homeless services. This position will be a part of many special projects including working with chronically homeless veteran women, utilizing CTI, and helping women transition from permanent supportive housing to permanent housing. As a HUD-VASH Clinical Manager, this position will help women achieve housing stability, receive needed mental health support, and establish enduring support systems. The HUD-VASH Clinical Manager supervises the HUD-VASH Case Managers, Substance Abuse Counselors, and Housing Specialists and reports to the HUD-VASH Program Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provide clinical support and expertise to the HUD-VASH team and to clients
- Provide crisis intervention and group facilitation as necessary
- Provide individualized clinical case management services to clients (on-site and off-site); create individual service plans that ensure housing stability, address each clients’ needs and goals, identify and provide needed resources and referrals
- Assist clients in securing housing, basic needs, medical and mental health services including substance abuse treatment when necessary, job training access, and public benefits where eligible
- Process HUD-VASH voucher applications and maintain collaborative relationships with the VA, HACLA, and HACoLA
- Develop outreach plan’s with the HUD-VASH Team and oversee outreach to enroll women in services
- Work to effectively meet clients’ needs and resolve individual barriers through follow-up, advocacy, and collaboration with DWC staff and other community service providers
- Maintain accurate and timely records of activities, clinical case management notes, therapy notes, and services provided to each client
- Provide supervision and guidance to the HUD-VASH team
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, staff and local service providers, participate in community meetings pertaining to services benefitting clients, and serve as a representative of DWC at community events
- Provide regular, written reports to the HUD VASH Program Manager and additional reports as assigned
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization
THIS COULD BE A GOOD MATCH IF YOU HAVE...
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Psychologist required; licensed by the California Board of Behavioral Science
- Experience in working with people experiencing homelessness or a related social service field preferred
- Experience with Veterans preferred and knowledge of VA system services a plus
- Excellent active listening and crisis intervention skills with ability to exercise and model good judgment
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, including proficiency in balancing direct service responsibilities with effective record keeping
- Strong administrative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
- HMIS or other database management preferred
- Criminal background check and clearance required
- Current valid California state driver’s license, insurance, and vehicle with good driving record
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish and English a plus
SCHEDULE & SALARY:
This is a full time exempt position. 40 hours per week, with flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary. Salary depending on qualifications & experience.
Submit cover letter and resume to HR[AT]downtownwomenscenter[DOT]org. Please include “HUD-VASH Clinical Manager” in the subject line of your email.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or medical condition.