We're seeking a full-time Housing for Health Clinical Case Manager to provide housing placement and individualized case management services to homeless women enrolled in the Housing for Health program supported by the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services (DHS).
DWC is seeking a full-time Housing for Health Clinical Case Manager to provide housing placement and individualized case management services to homeless women enrolled in the Housing for Health program supported by the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services (DHS). The Housing for Health program serves individuals who have experienced long-term homelessness, history of trauma, and have long-standing health and mental health issues. The Housing for Health Case Manager will engage women in services, establish housing linkages and placement, and provide individualized case management through the implementation of an evidence-based practice called Critical Time Intervention (CTI). This position is part of an interdisciplinary team that provides field-based services throughout Los Angeles County. As a Case Manager, this position will help women achieve housing stability and establish enduring support systems. This position reports to the Housing for Health Program Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Assist clients in securing housing, basic needs, medical and mental health services including substance abuse treatment when necessary, job training access, and public benefits where eligible
- Provide individualized case management services to clients (on-site and off-site); create individual service plans that ensure housing stability, address each clients’ needs and goals, identify and provide needed resources and referrals
- Provide mental health assessments, brief therapy, and crisis intervention as needed.
- Work to effectively meet clients’ needs and resolve individual barriers through follow-up , advocacy and collaboration with DWC staff and other community service providers
- Collaborate with hospital and clinic settings to ensure continuity of care is developed for clients of the program
- Process HACLA voucher applications and maintain collaborative relationships with HACLA
- Maintain accurate and timely records of activities, case management notes, and services provided to each client
- Advocate for best practices to ensure that clients retain housing, increase life skills, improve health and mental health
- Provide supervision and guidance to interns and volunteers in the provision of services to clients
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, staff and local service providers, participate in community meetings pertaining to services benefiting clients, and serve as a representative of DWC at community events
- Effective crisis management skills and conflict resolutions skills
- Be an ambassador of DWC and its mission and values by participating in community meetings/events
- Provide regular, written reports to the Housing for Health Program and additional reports as assigned
- Additional duties as assigned
THIS COULD BE A GOOD MATCH IF YOU HAVE...
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, or related discipline from an accredited educational institution required
- Strong knowledge of the complexity of poverty and women’s homelessness, mental illness, trauma, substance abuse, health issues, and older adults; Familiarity with permanent supportive housing model and evidence-based practices
- Minimum two year experience as a case manager with similar population, knowledge of community resources required
- HMIS experience preferred, with knowledge of data collection tools to track client progress
- Excellent active listening and crisis intervention skills with ability to exercise and model good judgment
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, including proficiency in balancing direct service responsibilities with data management responsibilities
- Strong administrative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
- Criminal background check and clearance required
- Ability to be flexible with hours when needed
- Current valid California state driver’s license, insurance, and vehicle with good driving record
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish and English a plus
SCHEDULE & SALARY
This is a full-time, permanent position, scheduled Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM; with flexibility to work during non-scheduled days and evenings when necessary.
Salary depending on qualifications and experience.
Submit cover letter and resume to HR[AT]DowntownWomensCenter[DOT]org. Please include “Housing for Health Clinical Case Manager” in the subject line of your email.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or medical condition.