DWC seeks a full-time Health Program Manager to support the expansion and enhancement of the health and wellness program.
This manager will provide strategic planning, oversight and supervision to a team of health and clinical professionals in order to enhance the health and wellness services offered to women. The position will be essential in navigating the evolving homeless health care system and provide strategic planning and leadership to a team of professionals who provide direct services to clients. This position will ensure that clients receive coordinated medical services provided by DWC staff and the partner health care provider, Wesley Health Centers. This position will also lead and support health initiatives designed specifically to address women’s health needs (i.e. breast health, chronic health conditions etc.) in the Skid Row community. This position is a member of the Health and Wellness team, will supervise a clinical health team, work in collaboration with other health professionals, and report directly to the Director of Health and Wellness.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provide strategic planning of health program and work with management team to ensure organizational goals are met
- Develop and enhance the coordination of health policies, procedures, and services
- Develop, implement, and manage interagency holistic health programming and activities to address health education, prevention, and treatment; including provision of women’s health and education services
- Work to effectively resolve barriers through research, advocacy, and collaboration with staff and community partners
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, staff, and local service providers; participate in community meetings pertaining to medical services benefitting clients and serve as a representative of DWC
- Provide supervision to clinical staff and trainees providing medical, mental health and case management services; ensure coordination of care
- Provide trainings internally and externally on Evidenced Based Practices, including Trauma-Informed Care
- Manage quality assurance of services delivered by DWC staff and Wesley Health Center staff
- Provide oversight of funding and grant requirements associated with health and wellness programs and compile information in collaboration with Development staff
- Support the development of data systems, measurable outcomes and the implementation of ongoing program evaluation
- Provide regular, written reports to the Director of Clinical Health Services and additional reports as assigned
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization
THIS COULD BE A GOOD MATCH IF YOU HAVE...
- Master’s degree and licensure (MSW, MPH, MA in related field, LCSW) preferred
- At least two years of experience implementing programs that required navigating complex systems
- At least two years of experience supervising staff, interns, and or volunteers
- Knowledge of the complexity of poverty and women’s homelessness, health issues, mental illness, trauma, substance abuse and older adults preferred
- Ability to problem solve and demonstrate an understanding of systems impacting homeless health care required
- Experience working in a medical, mental health, or public health setting preferred
- Excellent active listening and crisis intervention skills with ability to exercise and model good judgment
- Strong administrative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills; proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Current valid California state driver’s license, insurance, and vehicle with good driving record
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish and English a plus
SCHEDULE, SALARY & BENEFITS:
This is a full-time exempt position and is eligible for DWC’s comprehensive benefits package that includes training, paid time off, medical, vision, dental, parking and transportation benefits. Office hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm; with flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary. Salary range $47,000-55,000 annually depending on qualifications and experience.
Please email cover letter and resume to Resume@DowntownWomensCenter.org. Please include “Health Program Manager” in the subject line of your email.