DWC is seeking a self-starter and strong leader to manage the maintenance and building operations of two multi-use residential properties. Key areas of responsibility will include but not be limited to all facility equipment, HVAC, plumbing, lighting, solar panels, and roofing systems, as well as assistance with general building maintenance. This full-time position supervises a maintenance team and will report directly to the Chief of Operations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Ensure proper and efficient operation of all building systems and equipment, including HVAC, plumbing, electrical plants, solar panels, lighting, climate control, and roofing systems.
- Develop short- and long-term strategic and proactive facilities maintenance schedules.
- Assist in annual budget development process for overall building operations and maintenance, including repairs and capital improvements.
- Adhere to and follow a recurring preventative maintenance schedule for each facility operating system.
- Work with vendors and contractors for maintenance and repair of systems and equipment.
- Maintain building security, access and keys for all spaces.
- Conduct regular facility and fire inspections and ensure that all facility permits are in compliance with the appropriate agency (including but not limited to elevator, fire, health, etc.).
- Maintain facility insurance and licensure; monitor OSHA and ADA compliance, as well as any other applicable housing, health, and fire code regulations.
- Maintain company vehicles’ repairs and maintenance; maintain employee records for vehicle insurance.
- Manage organization’s Disaster Preparedness Plan and staff Emergency Response Team.
- Responsible for ensuring that rooms/space scheduled for use or rental are set-up as specified.
- Assist with general building maintenance and janitorial duties in coordination with cleaning company, including but not limited to trash removal, carpet cleaning, painting, equipment installations, changing light bulbs, debris removal, and landscape work/gardening.
THIS COULD BE A GOOD MATCH IF YOU HAVE...
- At least 2 years facilities engineering field experience including HVAC, electrical, and plumbing or equivalent education/certification required.
- 2 – 3 years leadership experience preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in the building trades preferred.
- High school degree/GED or equivalent required; additional vocational training in any engineering or maintenance trade preferred.
- Certifications in Air Conditioning/Refrigeration, HVAC, Electrical, Boiler operation, Absorption Chiller operation, Plumbing, or Pneumatics preferred.
- Basic competence in MS Outlook and MS Excel required; advanced experience with MS Office applications preferred.
- Proficiency with computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) required.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work successfully as a member of a team.
- Clean DMV record required.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions):
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors as required, ability to work at heights and in confined spaces, ability to work extended periods of time both walking and/or standing, ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and the ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
SCHEDULE & SALARY
This is a full-time exempt position. Office hours are 9:00am to 5:30pm, with flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary. Salary range is dependent on qualifications and experience.
Please email cover letter and resume to: Resume[AT]DowntownWomensCenter[DOT]org . Please include “Facilities Manager” in the subject line of your email.