Help LA philanthropists find meaningful ways to support economic justice for women.
As the Donor Engagement Coordinator, you will effectively build relationships with DWC’s eclectic and devoted community of individual supporters through in-person, phone, and print/email communications pieces, and use your excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to deepen each individual’s relationship with the Center. You enjoy creating compelling donor communication pieces while using donor data to analyze donor information and behavior. Reporting to the Donor and Volunteer Relations Manager, this position is an essential part of DWC’s Development & Volunteer team.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Identify, cultivate, and steward relationships with DWC’s supporters to increase visibility, impact, and financial resources
- Provide tours of DWC and educate supporters on women’s homelessness and DWC’s approach
- Oversee donor acknowledgement, including writing content, developing recognition policies, and coordinating larger-scale appreciation efforts
- Collaborate with the Volunteer Engagement Coordinator to develop strategies and processes that allow our supporters to create multi-faceted relationships with DWC
- Utilize donor database (Salesforce) to analyze giving behaviors and impact our donor cultivation and engagement strategies
- Lead DWC’s supporter communication initiatives
- Develop engaging fundraising campaigns and content, both in print and online
- Write and send appeal letters
- Create print pieces including copy-writing, design, and liaising between designers, printers, and other contractors
- Coordinate individual giving initiatives
- Oversee third-party event fundraising including managing and approving requests
- Coordinate DWC’s monthly giving program
- Provide support to our Resource Planning Committee and other Board fundraising efforts
- Assist with major gifts, family foundation giving, and planned giving
- Provide assistance to activities that further DWC’s Resource Development Plan
THIS COULD BE A GOOD MATCH IF YOU HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years of previous fundraising, communications, relationship management and/or other relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to tailor communication style based on audience
- Detail-oriented, highly organized self-starter able to work independently, set and meet goals and deadlines
- Strong quantitative skills; experience analyzing data preferred
- Strong multitasking and problem-solving skills; ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated record as a successful team player, including the ability to develop and maintain a goal-oriented, positive attitude throughout the organization
- Compassion and understanding of the Center’s unique approach to service provision
SCHEDULE & SALARY:
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, eligible for DWC’s benefits package that includes training, paid time off, and medical, vision, dental, 401K, parking and transportation benefits. Schedule: M-F from 9:00am to 5:30pm, with flexibility to work evenings and weekends if needed. Salary: equivalent of $41,000 - $43,000 annually DOE.
Submit cover letter and resume to Resume[AT]DowntownWomensCenter[DOT]org. Please include “Donor Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line of your email. The Downtown Women’s Center is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or medical condition.