Contribute directly to breaking the cycle of homelessness for women through comprehensive supportive services offered at our drop-in Day Center and in the community!
The Day Center Case Manager delivers services with a trauma informed approach, patient supporter who actively listens and maintains appropriate boundaries. This position connects clients with services and resources, serves as an advocate and collaborates across departments to meet the immediate and long-term needs of each woman. Reporting directly to the Case Management Program Manager, this position works in close collaboration with the rest of the Health and Wellness team to empower women to achieve and maintain personal stability.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provide trauma informed case management services to clients; create individual service plans that address each client’s needs and goals, identify and provide needed resources and referrals
- Complete TRC intakes for individuals who have experienced trauma related to sexual assault , domestic violence, and human trafficking
- Administer the Coordinated Entry System Housing survey and maintain accurate records, provide follow up for clients matched to permanent supportive housing.
- Assist clients in securing and maintaining housing, basic needs, medical and mental health services (including substance abuse treatment when necessary), job training access, and public benefits
- Work to effectively meet clients’ needs and resolve individual barriers through follow-up, advocacy and collaboration with DWC staff and other community service providers
- Maintain accurate and timely records of activities and services provided to clients in HMIS database system, case management notes, and other measurement tools
- Contribute to the enhancement of policies and procedures to ensure best practices
- Facilitate workshops that address basic needs such as, but not limited to, orientations, transportation, and benefits
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, staff and local service providers, participate in community meetings pertaining to services benefitting clients, serve as a representative of DWC at community events
- Provide regular, timely written reports to supervisor and additional reports as assigned
- Provides effective crisis interventions and wellness plans for clients experiencing crisis’s
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization
THIS COULD BE A GOOD MATCH IF YOU HAVE...
- A Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field
- Strong knowledge of the complexity of poverty and women’s homelessness, mental illness, trauma, substance abuse, and health issues
- Over 2 years of experience working as a Case Manager/similar position and knowledge of community resources
- Experience serving homeless and low-income women or adults
- Excellent active listening and crisis intervention skills with the ability to exercise and model good judgment
- Able to solve problems by being resourceful and using creativity to assist women with removing barriers
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Ability to manage multiple tasks including proficiency in balancing direct service responsibilities with effective record keeping
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, able to manage multiple tasks and priorities, set and meet goals and deadlines
- Strong administrative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
- Criminal background check and clearance required
- Current valid California state driver’s license, insurance, and vehicle with good driving record
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish preferred
SCHEDULE & SALARY:
This is a fulltime, non-exempt position, and is eligible for DWC’s comprehensive benefits package that includes training, paid time off, medical, vision, dental, parking and transportation benefits. Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday-Friday, with flexibility to occasionally work evenings or weekends. Salary range is $38,000 to $40,000 DOE. DWC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary history to HR[AT]downtownwomenscenter[DOT]org. Please include "Day Center Case Manager" in the subject line of your email.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or medical condition.