Community Connections: Aligning Domestic Violence and Homeless Services in Los Angeles
Community Connections: Aligning Domestic Violence and Homeless Services in Los Angeles is a one-day conference being held to address the intersection of domestic violence and homelessness in Los Angeles. It will bring together leaders from homeless services agencies, domestic violence agencies, and government agencies to address systemic issues that impede housing for survivors.
We will share the progress and findings of our Domestic Violence Homeless Services Coalition working groups, and experts will provide workshops on specific issues areas including:
- Innovations in housing models
- Creating a Coordinated Entry System for domestic violence survivors
- Funding systems change
- Supporting mobile advocacy
- Creating effective models of Rapid Rehousing
- Learning about legal protections for survivors
- Pairing Critical Time Intervention with Rapid Rehousing
- Implementing Trauma Informed Care with a focus on domestic violence
The conference will also benefit from participation and presentations by people with lived experience about what does—and does not—work effectively in the domestic violence and homeless systems of Los Angeles.
Speakers will include:
- Supervisor Sheila Kuehl
- City Attorney Mike Feuer
- Linda Olsen and Kris Bilhardt, National Alliance for Safe Housing
- Peter Lynn, Executive Director, LAHSA
- Andrea Iloulian, Hilton Foundation
- Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
- LA City Attorney's Office
A full agenda will be disseminated closer to the event date.
Scholarships are available; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Break-out Session Descriptions