We're looking for a full time Clinical Social Worker(MSW/ACSW) to provide comprehensive, trauma-informed mental health care to homeless and extremely low-income women.
The Clinical Social Worker will provide clinical services to DWC residents and Day Center participants through assessments, one-on-one counseling, groups and crisis intervention. This position is a part of the Health and Wellness department which is made up of an interdisciplinary team of service coordinators, case managers, social workers, peer leaders, public health workers, and medical staff. This position reports directly to the Clinical Program Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provide trauma informed therapeutic services to clients, including individual and group therapy, crisis intervention and coordination of substance abuse and mental health treatment for participants with co-occurring disorders.
- Develop and monitor Individualized Wellness Plan progress along with clients.
- Assist staff with clinical consultation, care coordination and coaching around clinical interventions and de-escalation techniques as needed.
- Comply with local, state, and federal laws and regulations around confidentiality.
- Provide services in a manner consistent with the DWC mission.
- Maintain accurate and timely records, case management notes, and services provided to each client.
- Provide regular, written reports to the Clinical Program Manager and additional reports as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization.
THIS COULD BE A GOOD MATCH IF YOU HAVE:
- Masters of Social Work degree and current ACSW registration in the State of California required
- Experience working in community mental health preferred
- Experience providing trauma informed care preferred
- Crisis intervention experience, and familiarity and comfort working with issues related to homelessness, substance abuse, mental health diagnosis, and history of trauma required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Criminal background check and clearance required
- Oral and written fluency in English required; Spanish a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
SCHEDULE & SALARY:
This is an exempt, full- time position (40hrs/wk) Tuesday-Saturday. Office hours are 9:00AM to 5:30pm, with flexibility to work evenings when necessary.
Salary range $45,000-$50,000 annually depending on qualifications & experience and is eligible for DWC’s comprehensive benefits package that includes training, paid time off, and medical, vision, dental, parking and transportation benefits.
Send cover letter and resume to: resume[AT]downtownwomenscenter[DOT]org. Please include "Clinical Social Worker" in the subject line of your email.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or medical condition.