We're looking for a Chief Operating Officer to serve as a strategic partner to our visionary CEO.
This bold leader will oversee business operations and infrastructure with a keen eye towards organizational design to ensure the Center continues to thrive and fulfill its mission. S/he will identify strategies and systems to improve organizational efficiency and productivity while maintaining an engaged and high performing workforce. The ideal candidate must possess the vision and courage to break new ground and establish the highest standards of excellence while balancing the needs of the organization. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and joins an Executive Leadership Team that also includes a Chief Program Officer (CPO), Chief Development Officer (CDO), and Chief Financial Officer (CFO). S/he will supervise a direct staff of two (Director of Administration and Director of Communications & Policy).
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Leadership & Strategic Planning:
- Manage organizational visioning, strategic planning, and goal-setting among Board and staff
- Engage and work in collaboration with the Board of Directors on matters of governance, communications, operations, and strategy; act as staff liaison to relevant Board Committees
Operations, Human Resources & Finance:
- Develop and manage infrastructure required to successfully deliver and expand program operations
- Develop partnerships and strategies in the nonprofit, private, and public sectors that drive sustained capacity-building and help DWC advance its mission
- Provide oversight to recruitment, hiring, and compensation/benefits administration
- Support organizational budgeting process, and assist in the development of short- and long-term financial plans and analysis
- Provide oversight to administrative functions for DWC offices (currently two sites in downtown Los Angeles), ensuring smooth daily operations of facilities and equipment
- Ensure ongoing regulatory and legal compliance, and provide oversight to all contract, risk management, insurance, and legal activities
- Monitor organizational performance metrics and guide related reporting efforts
Communications & Policy:
- Ensure annual communications strategy drives forward the vision and strategic plan of DWC
- Develop internal communications policies and procedures to ensure all staff are informed and empowered
- Oversee implementation of agency’s advocacy platform through meaningful partnerships with community coalitions, taskforces, and government agencies
- Forge new relationships and strategies to build the Downtown Women’s Center’s visibility and impact
- Increase organizational capacity to support new funding sources with an eye towards government funding
- Guide business development strategies and provide leadership in the launching of new initiatives
- Regularly provide verbal, written, quantitative and qualitative analyses, briefings, and recommendations to the Executive Team and Board of Directors
- All other duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization
THIS COULD BE A GOOD MATCH IF YOU HAVE...
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA/MPA preferred
- A minimum of 6 years of senior management experience, including supervision of senior-level staff
- Broad knowledge of nonprofit management with demonstrated technical expertise in organizational design/development and at least one of the following functional areas: resource development, , policy/advocacy development or facilities/asset management
- Experience managing large-scale projects and driving change initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Possess a strong commitment to the mission, philosophy, and values of DWC, as well as a passion for ending homelessness and empowering women
SCHEDULE & SALARY:
This is a full-time, exempt position. Office hours are 9:00am to 5:30pm; with flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary. Salary range depends on qualifications & experience.
Please email resume, cover letter, and salary history to HR[AT]downtownwomenscenter[DOT]org. Please include “Chief Operating Officer" in the subject line of your email.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or medical condition.