Learn the inner workings of a successful and thriving nonprofit!
Work side-by-side with the talented and dedicated staff of DWC while you learn and contribute to organizational programs/operations that support our mission to end homelessness for women. Working closely with DWC’s Case Management team, you will have the opportunity to serve as a representative of DWC by networking and collaborating with other community organizations regarding the needs of women who are currently homeless or low-income.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local service providers by making phone calls, scheduling tours, meetings, presentations and/or workshops pertaining to services benefitting clients.
- Research community resources
- Updating Resource Manuals/Cabinets/Database
- Assisting clients with completing housing survey (Coordinated Entry System) within the HMIS database.
- Complete CES Data Entry
- Meet with clients individually to help remove barriers and connect them to community resources
- Community outreach
- All other duties assigned
SPECIAL SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS INTERN DUTIES:
- Fulltime or part time enrollment in a university-level or college academic program
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Proficient in Word, Excel Computer programs
- Ability to multi-task and manage time working on various projects
- Self-starter who also works well within a team
- Professional attitude with a friendly, positive approach
- Deliver services with a Trauma Informed approach which reflects DWC’s mission and core values.
CONTACT: Email cover letter and resume to Intern[AT]DowntownWomensCenter[DOT]org. Please include “Case Management Resource Specialist Intern” in the subject line of your email.
TIME COMMITMENT: 16-20 hours per week, with a minimum of 10 weeks
COMPENSATION: Internships are unpaid. Academic credit is possible depending on requirements.